Saturday, February 17, 2007

Speech Contest

Yesterday, it was Area 21's turn to hold the speech contest. I competed in the Speech to Evaluate category. This was the only category that needed not much preparation and one of the two w/o contestants (the other one is International Speech. Unfortunately, the orig contestant had important matters to attend to on the contest date and backed out w/ such short notice). Naturally, as the president of the club, when your members won't compete, you have to compete. Para lang naay representative sa club. tsk. Anyway, I lost... hehe... But it didn't hurt much really. I didn't expect to win. Although I lost, I learned much from it. I learned I was better off at prepared speeches. If I could have competed in the International category, I could have won! hehehe... Seriously, I won last year, you know, and this year's contestants weren't really that good to match my talent. Honest! Anyway, everything's done. The winners have been declared and I am not one of them. But I am happy and contented as the loser but certainly not a quitter. There'll be lots of contest ahead of me and they are just waiting for me join. :)

1 comment:

KJP said...

So what subject did you have to talk on? For how long? Argh! I think having to do a talk with no preparation time would kill me!

Congratulations on your passport. Now you have to find some exotic place to travel to! New Guinea has always sort of sounded interesting to me - you could do a short term mission probably - see the world and still serve in some capacity! Could be fun.....

kjp

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...