Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

February 14. Valentine's na pud. Like the years before, like the past year's Valentine's day, today is just the same. No date. No flowers. No chocolates. No love life. No special guy in my life.... hehe...

I went to work, not very early today. I had wanted to get to work as early as 830am but I got in around 8:40am. Not bad though. I had a meeting with the The Gustavian owner at 10am so I had to be early to work so I can have some time for the budget preparation. So at around quarter to 10am, I went out of the office and met with Rowena and went to The Gustavian. It's situated at the corner of the road going to Ma. Luisa. It's an uppity restuarant, obviously European as the name suggests. It's owners are Europeans also. It just opened around December 2006 so it's still a bit new. We met with a guy named James, a co-owner, and he was kind although he had some air. Is it typical of Europeans? It seems. Or maybe, it's just the cultural differences that made me think he was a bit haughty. Anyway, he was accomodating and he even explained to us about the restaurant's name The Gustavian. It was good talking to him and we were successful because they have decided to sponsor our winning couple's dinner date! (Thankfully, we don't have to take money from funds raised on the matchmaking activity tomorrow.)

After work, I went to SM to buy some stuffs for our Valentine's meeting in Toastmasters. And bought some Brownies Unlimited for my family. :) Ang daming tao sa SM... super! and there were flowers everywhere! People were buying stuffs for their loved ones.

Today also I got my passport!!! Yipee!!! I have achieved one goal in my New Year's resolution list! So I now have to plan my trips abroad! hahaha...

Yesterday, on the bisperas of Valentine's Day, Chai and I attended a gathering of the Lingkod ng Panginoon. A friend invited us to it. Wala naman kaming commitment ni Chai yesterday and we were up for something fun and meeting new people, kay go-go kami! Yes, we had fun. And we got something also - flower/chocolates, and marshmallows. It was fun. Some faces were familiar. There's a guy I met at a TM meeting and another guy who I thought was gay and whom I met at an audit seminar. Di lagi kaayo cya gay didto. hehehe... There's also this higschoolmate pero I think she didn't remember me. But all in all, it was fun and it was nice meeting people who love Christ more than anything else. :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! May God remain in your hearts forever!

No comments:

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...