Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pit Senyor!





January is one of the best months for Cebuanos. Why? Of course, it's Sinulog. It's this annual festival in honor of the Sr. Sto. Niño...
This year, I was, for the second time in my life, able to witness the fluvial procession. But the second time is sweeter... coz I was with my family, and I have pictures to prove it! :)
I took part in the solemn procession too. The route was just short, unlike in the previous years.
On Sunday, on the mardi gras day, I was out on the streets. But I wasn't watching the Sinulog dancers. And since all streets were practically blocked from vehicle entry, I was walking from South Bus Terminal to Jolibee-USC where I had to meet a friend who I was suppose to go with to Ayala. Unfortunately, I got there so late that cguro nainip, he left and went to somewhere else. So that left me going to Ayala alone. And how was I going to get to Ayala?! All roads blocked! No jeepney ride! Well yeah, there's the taxi. And so I took a taxi, from Sanciangko to Ayala via V.Rama, Capitol, Escario. Long ride, eh? Yep, and I paid P145.00 for that. Consider the traffic. It was bumper-to-bumper. Good thing the cab driver was mabait and talkative. So di na ako nainip... hehe...
So I got to Ayala, thankfully. Ayala was teeming with people, lots and lots of people. There's a P1M-worth of firework display, and that explains the huge crowd.
Elma and I decided not to watch the fireworks, and we wanted also to get away from this throng of people (we vowed never ever to laag on Sinulog!), so we opted to watch Agent X44. Funny movie! Got ourselves laughing hard at Vhong and Pokwang's antics!
Anyway, here are pics, and those pics with the dancers - they're taken by my sis nga laagan. She had to take those pics for my bro's Photography assignment.

1 comment:

KJP said...

Cool! Looks like you all had a very fun time! Well, except for the taxi part anyways.

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...