Saturday, January 11, 2014

Throwback 2013

Looking back at what has happened in 2013:

Travels
I only had two international travels in 2013. I went to Hongkong with my dear friend from high school.  This was in February.  I went to Indonesia with another set of friends. We went to Bali and Yogyakarta in July.

My domestic travels brought me to Baler, Aurora and tried surfing for the very first time. I certainly want to do it again!

I went a few times back to my hometown in Cebu. Finally, I was able to try swimming with the whale sharks in Oslob. It was definitely a marvelous encounter. 

There was a Malaysia trip that I cancelled as I had to prioritise my CIMA studies. Oh well, there will be another time to visit "Malaysia, Truly Asia"!

Then in December I visited Bacolod once again. This time to attend the wedding of a dear friend.
Bacolod is a nice little city with lots of gastronomic adventures. 

Career
I would say there was nothing much that happened in this area. I did have new bosses though and got to work with old colleagues once again. I was chosen to represent our department in a working group. First time in my DB career that I had experienced this. I wouldn't say I successfully delivered but I learned in the process and indeed expanded my network. 

Last year too, I had my chance to move out. I received a lot of calls for interviews but only went to one. And I guess it was not my year, the potential employer didn't call back after the interview. 

Family
2013 I lost my dearest grandma, She was 88 years old. She indeed lived a full life. I will always look up to my grandma for inspiration.  She was a woman of strength. She was not born to a rich family. She was started out as a househeld help.   When she met my grandpa together they started a family and a business retailing rice. This business blossomed and they were able to put their kids, my father and my uncle through college. They were able to buy a house and lot, and a nice jeep. We're not uber rich but we are living okay.  Thanks to my grandma and grandpa who worked hard for the family, and who have shown us that with hard work and perseverance, you will get what you want. 

My parents who have been in the US for a year have decided to come back. It is not yet clear up to now if they would like to go back. Either way, I will support their decision. I am just glad they were given a chance to see the other side of the world. 

This year too saw the birth of my new niece. She is just adorable! The other reason why my parents loved it here. They just enjoy their apos!

My cousin from London and her family visited Manila in August and it was an absolutely lovely time with them. 

I am thankful 2013 was good to my family.

Disasters
If there was a year that Philippines experienced the worst in terms of natural disasters, I would think it is 2013. We had the 7 something magnitude earthquake in Bohol and Cebu. Then in November we had the strongest typhoon ever recorded in human history hit us. Yolanda/Haiyan totally destroyed a lot of cities and towns and left thousands dead and missing. 

But we saw the Filipinos rise above all these. Everyone was helping each other.  There is a brighter future for us! Bangon, Pilipinas!

And some more...
Well in terms of what I had set out at the start of 2013, I was able to achieve the stock investments which I had started last year. Then I was able to watch a Lisa Macuja performance and was even able to meet her personally on stage! Well for the rest of the goals, as usual, I didn't achieve them all of them. Oh well.
No regrets though!

I turned 32 too! And still single! Hahaha.  But my birthday celebration was one of a kind. Not the usual I always had. 

I finally gave myself a smartphone - a Samsung S4 of which I am loving to bits. What I just hate is the my service provider's fuckin' service!!! Globe you just made me wish NOT to renew after my contract ends!!!

In terms of this effin' love life, nothing new. Another epic fail! Hahaha. Anyways, I am probably not just girlfriend material. Oh well. Not my loss! Haha

So there you had it 2013. It was a good year. Learned another set of lessons. Gained new friends. Rekindled old ties. Lost some weight and gained them back again. Life is just how you make out of what it offers you. 

Cheers!









3 comments:

KJP said...

happy new year!

MhAhE said...

Happy new year kjp!!!

MhAhE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...