Friday, January 24, 2014

January

The first two weeks of January was very stressful for me at work. I don't know what really came over me but I was overcome with "maldita-ness" especially to my London counterparts. I think you call this "enough is enough" moment. "I don't want anymore to be treated like you always do. I am not your slave!" That's how I acted but I didn't say those words. Typical me. Anyway, I missed the BD11 crucial call in my work life. I have never been absent on this call ever since I started working with the bank but for the very first time I had to missed it.  And I am glad I did! The call went well so it just goes to show I should have done this even before. LOL.  It feels liberating to have missed that!

Then for the first time in 6 years, I was able to go home to Cebu for its annual Sinulog festival.  However, as fate had it, I wasn't able to take part in the festivities. Blame this partly on my age.

Anyway, my 5-day vacation in my hometown was truly memorable.

My family booked an overnight stay at one of Cebu's premier resorts. It was such a good way to bond! Everyone was happy. Everyone was having a good time.

I was able to attend mass in the Basilica del Sto Nino with my grandma. I thank the patron saint for all the protection he has given us Cebuanos. I was also happy that I was able to take my grandma out of the house so she could once in a while take her mind off household chores.

I bonded with my dearest friend over wine and cheese at the newest and hippiest French resto in Cebu. I love that they have something like this is in Cebu. What I like about it? They offer a number of affordable wines and tapas but the place where you enjoy your wine is done al fresco.

There was a supposedly reunion with my high school classmates during the day of the Sinulog but due to some unforeseen events, I ended up not going. Besides, I also had an important rendezvous on that day that I shouldn't miss. It was a short meeting with a person. I don't know why I had that strong feeling that I should meet this person despite the horrible traffic and the transportation difficulties on that day. But fate was kind and it gave me a way to be there at our meeting place. We only had a few hours together. Just enough to warm us up but also enough to make it "bitin".  Whatever happened on those few hours of togetherness somehow made us yearn for more.


All I can say is, January was equally stressful and equally good. Despite all the stress, there is something that makes me smile somehow.

No comments:

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...