Sunday, January 01, 2012

Looking Back...2011...

Today is the first day of the new year, 2012. But before I declare my plans for the new year, let me look back to 2011 and reminisce the memories...

I can say that 2011 has been a very good year. It is this year that I actually felt for the first time in my life, or in my working life that I was financially in control. It was the first time that I felt that I was earning enough. =) And for the first time, at the end of this year, I had at least PHP100k in my bank account.

I got an OK pay rise but not the promotion. Oh well, it wasn't just time.

If I earned OK then, I also faced a lot of challenges at work - working so long hours, managing relationships with teammates and bosses. It was the first time in a long time that I felt very very stressed. I felt that there was just too much work and there was not enough time to finish them. It was also the first time that I managed a group of people. It isn't easy. But it's very challenging...It would be one of my goals this 2012 - to manage my team with ease and get this team to be best team there is at work.

2011 saw a lot of travels for me - domestic and international. And much of these are with my friend and housemate.

March, we went to Donsol, Sorsogon and swam with the butandings! This trip made me realize more that the Philippines has just so much to offer. Donsol was a favorite among foreigners especially those who love the sea!

It was also in March, when my family - mom, siss, cousins and auntie went to Baguio. The first time I had travelled with relatives with this number.

May, my Bisdak family went for an overnight stay to Nagsasa cove, Zambales. Another memorable trip for the Bisdaks!

June, my housemates went on a weekend trip to the north - Laoag, Vigan, Pagudpud. As it was a rainy month, the rain didn't miss us too.

August, I went to Tokyo, Japan!!! It was my first time to visit the land of the rising sun. I was sent on a training held at the Tokyo office. Aside from those facts, I got to see my very good friend Felimar and her son who is my godson. It was a truly memorable trip.

September, the month of our Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand trip! This was Jecel and I's longest leisure trip outside the country. Three countries in 9 days! Oh I just love looking at the stamps on my passport! =) Travel truly enriches a person. And that is why I love it so much!

November, we travelled south to Mindanao - Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin Island, Bukidnon. It's also very fun-filled trip. I especially liked the river rafting in CDO and the half day trip to Bukidnon. I took a side trip to Cebu to be at my first pamangkin's baptism. Cid Jacob you are sooo adorable! I wish I will have one like you!

My career also got a little boost. I was appointed supervisor of a team of five. But I also faced a lot of challenges, and some intrigues along the way, quite a number of conflicts too. Though not the heavy and noisy ones...but this year is my most stressful year. I've never felt this much pressure at work in my entire life. Well what do you expect for a first timer at managing a small team. But I am not giving up. I have just started. 2012 watch out!

Mid of the year, I decided to avail of my company's education sponsorship. I decided to take CIMA. It wasn't all that easy. It felt like taking that difficult road when I took the CPA board exams. I took the two tests last November and the results are coming out in January. Oh I so hope I passed both!

If I look at what I had planned at the start of the year, I would say that I failed in the health area. I didn't run and walk as much as I planned. I didn't eat a lot of healthy food. I gained so much weight such that some of my old clothes I find it hard to fit in. So 2012, I am serious about losing weight and going back to running.

One of the other things I failed at was getting a LOVE LIFE! I am a sucker in this area. I am like other hopeless romantics who believes that love comes to those who wait. Well, I just waited...and it didn't come...I forgot that it's not going to happen if I just sit and wait...Alright, I'm going to make it really happen in 2012!

This year also I felt my family was very blessed. My younger sister got married in July. She had her first baby in November. And my parents had their first grandchild. Baby Cid Jacob is now giving so much joy to the family. My dad also got his business started in the trucking industry. My brother John moved to Singapore to try his luck and he did get a job in less than a month. There were no hospitalizations. I didn't get really sick. I visited Maxicare clinic only once this year.

If I were to describe 2011 in one word it would be blessed. So much blessings came to me. And I just can't stop thanking the Almighty God.

I am truly grateful for everything I received this year. I am happy that things fell into place. The Universe truly conspired. I declare and claim 2012 will even be better. =)

3 comments:

KJP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJP said...

so, in the open category of your year:
be an active fellowship, not to hunt but to worship. let God bring the right guy along and do not "settle" for less than a Godly man.....

happy new year.

(and wouldn't be nice if I could type this year!

MhAhE said...

Happy New Year KJP! Thanks for your advise. May God bless you continually in 2012.

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...