Thursday, January 12, 2012

CIMA!!!


I am still reeling with happiness when I got the email that I passed both E1 and E2 CIMA papers today!

Never mind my scores... I passed!! And that is all I want! I thank the Lord Almighty for helping me get through the exams, the long nights of studying and reviewing.

This victory is soooo sweet! Why?

I only applied for two days study leave for the main exams.

I was always working late in the office thus not giving me much time to study.

I had so many pressing issues at work.

I took my MTA travelling in Saigon, Cambodia, Thailand while others spent theirs studying. But on my MTA, I took the revision cards with me and read them on the bus and on the plane. I got this tip from the CIMA emails I received for people who don't have enough time for reviews to use every little free time you got.

But when I look back at how I managed my time and how I studied, and the pressures I experienced, I can say that three things helped me:

Persistence and perseverance - despite not being given much ample time to study, I found ways to study / review - on the way to work, even at work - relating the experience at work to what I studied and vice versa. It was about finding ways to connect E1 and E2 to real life experiences. I persevered studying after work when I got home even if it was sooo late...even into the wee hours of the morning.

Working on past exam papers and revision questions - It wasn't just about memorizing but truly understanding the past exam papers. Repeating and repeating to answer them on my own until I get the correct answers.

Lots of prayers...:) from me and from my family and friends. :)) Thank you all. Thank you, God. May you continually guide me as I take the next exam...

1 comment:

KJP said...

congratulations!

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...