Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012 ---- I declare and claim this to be a better Year!!!

I am better off at declaring my new year plans earlier this time as I already have my own laptop! I got this April last year. And I hope Toshiwei (my Toshiba laptop) and I will be together longer.

Today is the 1st of January, the 1st of 2012. And here my 2012 plans and wishes:


Career
I hope this is my time. I hope I get the promotion! And most importantly I hope I get the best pay rise that I could wish for. :)) I have been with the company for 4 years now and I feel that these 4 years have been very productive and I have made my contributions to the company. I deserve the promotion! :))

If I get it, I will stay with the team. If I had failed as a supervisor last year, I would like to make up for it. I want to hone my leadership skills and as part of that objective I got myself a mentor. She is a young VP in the company. I don't know her personally but she has truly achieved a lot in her young age.

If I don't get it. I see no point staying with the same team. I will request to be moved to some other team and learn something new, some new area of the bank. It will be another set of skills and I am pretty sure it will benefit me when I decide to move out of here.

I still would like to continue my CIMA. I hope I get the good news this January that I passed both exams I took last November.

Family
I still pray for good health in the family. I hope father's business will go well. I want to be able to spend more time with my family this year.

I want to make it happen for mom's trip to the US. I know she wants to see her brothers and just see America. It was her youthful dream.

I'll make it a point to go back home to Cebu once every quarter.

Spiritual / Prayer
I want to make it a point to read the gospel everyday. And I promise that every time I wake up I say a prayer of thanks.

And before I go to sleep, I will again say a prayer of thanks whatever may have happened during the day.

Travels
More travels this year! I set my eyes on Indonesia, China, Singapore and South Korea, and yes the USA. Only the Indonesia trip is a sureball. The others I am not making any hard plans yet. If I get a US trip, I will not make any other international trips. For domestic travels, I plan to go to La Union to try surfing, Sagada / Banaue Rice Terraces, Davao for good food and Samal island.

Financial
I aim to invest in short-term investments or time deposits, just to get a better interest than the normal bank deposits.

I already purchased another insurance-investment to augment what I needed for the future. My two insurances will end this year.

I will still maintain my low cost of living. My lifestyle will not change dramatically. If there is an indulgence I will take this year, it will be the US trip and getting a gym membership.

If things will go well towards the end of the year, I will buy a condo unit in Metro Manila.

Charity
I will continue my present contributions to charity. And I will increase that by becoming a World Vision sponsor. I will sponsor one child.

Health
I aim to lose weight. To do that, I will go back to running and badminton.
I will minimize my consumption of fast food, meat and rice. More vegetables and fish this year!

Relationships
I want to increase my network at work and outside work. Build new friends and increase the bond with my relatives. And then yes the love life...well, I will keep to myself my plans, strategies, and tactics for this...

And so those are my New Year's "Resolutions". God bless them. And I stay positive - I will be able to keep them. They will happen! 2012 I just love you!

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

MhAhE said...

toshiwei died last 3rdQ 2012...and replaced with an Acer laptop...

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...