Friday, April 01, 2011

Day 4 - HK Museums and Avenue of the Stars, Kowloon Park

Goodness, I actually forgot to write my Day 4 in HK. This was July 30. And it was really hot and sunny day...unfair really, becuase the last 3 days had been cloudy and rainy...

Anyway, since I was now on my own, I decided to get a trip to the Avenue of the Stars and then visit the museums and maybe check out some shopping areas.

At the avenue of the stars, I had all my pics taken by other people. But I never got to walk the long stretch of this avenue...it was just too hot that day and I didn't have an umbrella and a pair of sunglasses.

After this, I took a visit to the Museum of Art. The first time in my international travels that I have included museum visits as part of the itinerary. I love their museum. Not very fancy like the Louvre but it gave you a glimpse of the of HK art scene.

The next stop was the Space and Science museum. Very educational museum. Very good for kids (and adults) as well. So I tried their "moon walk" - where you get to experience what it's like to walk in the moon. Cool! Kids will love this!

Now getting famished, I needed to eat some lunch. I went to Times Square in Causeway Bay hoping to do a bit of shopping on the side. Since it was already lunch time, all food shops were very busy. I ended up eating in KFC. Right after I headed back to Kowloon Park to just get a feel of what parks are like in HK. Kowloon Park is really a huge park but you will love it there as you could really relax. Oh you will love the fresh atmosphere. I headed back to my hostel around 3pm. Left for the airport around 4pm. Then at the airport, I met a Filipina who was in the same flight as me. Then at the plane, I met another Filipina who works as a DH. She's a very talkative woman...and the trip back to Manila was indeed not a boring! =)

No comments:

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...