Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Having A Mentor

Bo Sanchez talks relentlessly about having a mentor in each area of your life.

I agree that mentors do help you achieve your dreams and help you get by in this life.

Last year, I got myself a mentor at work.  I said to myself if I want to be good at managing people, I have to get myself a mentor. As a first time people manager and without really someone to look up to currently in my team, I do need a MENTOR.

Good thing about it is that my big boss gave me one.

And the way it is going so far, it is very helpful.  My mentor is not just my sounding board but she also helps me when I am in a difficult situation.  She gives advice, provides feedback and just makes me feel good/better with myself.  Without her, I think I am the worst supervisor in town.  This is another thing to be grateful in this life. =)

Thank you, mentor!






No comments:

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...