Friday, October 26, 2012

A letter to a friend (that is not meant to be sent)


My dear friend,

I read your recent Facebook post. I have mixed emotions about it. I am a bit hurt, and a bit okay because I realized a lot of things about you. In your post although you didn't mention names but  I think you were solely referring to me.  Because obviously I am the only one who doesn't get what you are aiming for.  What right do I have to decide for you? Not that I don't get what you are aiming for but my only concern was are you aiming for the right thing? Are you sure that is what you want to work for? I've heard your sentiments last night. And I truly respect them. And I said I am sorry I didn't took the time to listen to you. I just gave my unsolicited advise.

Now I don't want to go into another argument. I don't want to again confront you of this post. I know you are trying to reassure yourself you have made the right decision. And get friends to side on you. Go ahead do that. Who am I to say you have made the wrong one, or the right one? Just as long as you have decided and you will stand by this I am okay with that.  If you think you have chosen the right path, then let it be the right path.

I have said my view on things, my view on your decisions, my view on life in general. Because you didn't take them well and you don't think I am right, that's fine.  You said it yourself we are entitled to our opinions.

From now on my friend, I will no longer offer my advise. Even if you ask me to. I will only say, "It's all up to you." I will no longer share my views, will no longer share stories with  you.  Maybe all these time you didn't really want to listen to me and I have just been very insensitive to that.

From this day forth, I will only listen and not say anything.  When you get a depressing day at your new work (which you think will get you where you are aiming for), I can and will only offer my ears.  Never ever my mouth.  Rest assured I won't say anything.  I promise you that.

Good luck my friend on your endeavors.  Despite what you have just posted, I will still be your friend. I can still lend you money. I will still invite you to dinner and movies.

I am sure this change in me is for the best of our friendship.

Still your friend,
Mhahe

No comments:

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...