Monday, February 25, 2013

Hong Kong Adventure with a HS Buddy!

It was a trip we've always been talking about... We've always wanted to travel together either outside of the country or even within the country.   It was a topic never missed every time we meet up and have dinner or coffee.

Finally that trip has been realized.

Last February 21-23, my best buddy from high school  and I went to Hongkong for a holiday.  It wasn't exactly a relaxing trip.  We ended up having blisters and aching body after this trip.

Well, like any of our trips, it was again another budget travel.  Yet, it was a very fun and memorable experience.  I truly enjoyed it!!!

Our budget didn't went over 20kPhP (except the plane fares, of course).

Our itinerary included:

Day 1
Ocean Park Adventure
Avenue of the Stars
Symphony of Lights
Mongkok Night Market


Day 2
Lamma Island
The Peak
China HK City Outlet shops
Dinner at Dimdimsum Dimsum Specialty Store in Kowloon
Meet up with HK friends at Black Alley in Wanchai area





























Day 3
Macau (St Paul's Ruins, City of Dreams, The Venetian, Galaxy)
Charlie Brown Cafe

We skipped Disneyland as we decided we have had enough of it. I had been to the HK Disneyland in 2010 and my friend has been to the Disneylands in US.


In addition to having this trip together with my high school buddy, I also visited my dear friend and colleague who is based in Hong Kong. She had always asked me to visit her and finally it has come true. She accompanied us for a day in Macau and took us to Charlie Brown Cafe.

It was a truly remarkable experience. And I have confirmed that yes I am not good with directions.  I can live without a map.  I live by asking others. LOL.  And good thing my friend knows how to read maps. =) What a good pair! To more travels!






2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...