Saturday, February 02, 2013

2013 list

It's now the 2nd of February and I haven't made my list yet for 2013 which is unusual.  I normally declare my plans for the new year at the start of January.

But I decided that I have to wait for the February salary increase/bonus (if there is any!) to determine my next step.

But lately I have realized that my plans for the coming year should not depend on this salary increase/bonus.  My plans should still stick to the chore of my purpose in life, to what I want to achieve in this life.

So today, I am writing my 2013 list.

Here it goes...

1 - Invest in the stock market! This is the year of equities, the year of the emerging markets, the year for Southeast Asian economies! So I better not lose out on this opportunity.

2 - Visit China! Tour the Great Wall! I have 4 international trips already booked this year - Singapore, Indonesia, Hongkong, and Malaysia.  China should be the 5th one.

3 - Pass CIMA Strategic Level.  I am on my way to becoming a full-pledged CIMA!

4 - Volunteer for a charitable institution. It can be for a day, a month or the whole year.

5 - Go to the gym at least three times a week.

6 - Beef up my career! I have consulted a lot of people on this. I am just waiting for 2013 plans to be laid out by my current team before I make my next move. I'll check if there are new opportunities in these plans.  I am also considering to move to another team.

7 - Watch a ballet performance (if possible with Lisa Macuja taking the lead) and watch a play by Repertory Philippines. Since I had a childhood dream of wanting to become a ballerina and a stage actress, and since it is now too late to achieve them, watching these shows would somehow help me fulfill these dreams.

8 - Apply for a US Visa.  I want to badly visit my family and relatives in California. I need to get a visa first! And if income from stocks and a visa is approved, I will go to the USA this year!

9 - Get myself a smartphone. And only if I earn enough from my stock investments.

10 - Encourage, appreciate someone in my team every day! I want them to know that their efforts are valued. I want them to know how happy and lucky I am to have worked with them. :)

11 - Increase my savings by 50%.

12 - Take my two dearest lolas out on a date. Lola 1 deserves to get some relaxation outside of the home. Because my lola 2 cannot walk properly, I will have this date with her at home; this means serving her for an entire day.  Feed her, bathe her, clothe her.  These two grannies deserve some pampering! :)

13 - Explore Cebu - my home, my province, my birth place.  It could be going to Sumilon Island, or swimming with the whale sharks in Oslob, or touring Bantayan Island or Malaspacua Island.

14 - Meet more men! Go out on dates! This life needs to be enjoyed with others.  And since I am seriously considering marriage, I have to expand my network, expand my territories.  I am thinking of joining Toastmasters again. hmmm... The search for new club now begins...

15 - Read leadership books.  Currently I am biased towards John Maxwell.

Ok this is it  - my 2013 list.  And yes there is one more to be added

16 - Get a love life. :)

That's final now!

God please bless my plans!!!

As always, I am grateful for the blessings this life has given me.




No comments:

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...