Monday, January 08, 2007

My New Year's Resolution

On New Year's Eve, I made my ritual. I made my New Year's resolution list. When I looked at my list last year, I was not very happy. Disappointed, yes. I wasn't able to achieve the things I need to achieve. So this 2007, I am going to make things happen. (I'm crossing my fingers!)

1. SAVE! Mag-impok sa bangko. I am targeting a Php30k savings at the end of the end year. Pretty good. Not much money but it's still something.

2. Lessen the use of credit cards. Use them only for emergencies or use them to pay for things that need to be paid by credit cards. At the end of the year, my credit card debt should go down to P1k (maximum).

3. A passport by February 2007. Must have!!! How can I travel, when I don't have a passport?!

4. Learn something new. :)

5. Attend mass more than once a week. Sunday mass is a must. (The 1st week of 2007 went by and I already broke this one.)

6. Give much. Expect little. (This is actually my life motto. This was part of my New Year's resolution for 2005 and I guess it works when I write this down.)

7. A President's Distinguished Club Award for my PICPA-Toastmasters Club!!! I have to work extra hard for this one.

8. Eat more fruits.

9. A trip outside Cebu or outside the Philippines. (I should have the passport first so I can go to Singapore, or Bangkok.)

10. Meet more people. Gain new friends. (Friends through my blogs are counted. Yes, KJP you are counted.)

11. Pray before and after sleep. This is something I used to do everyday when I was younger. It's something I lost when I got older (oh, i'm not that old...). A little thank you to God for the new day and the day that has gone by would surely please Him.

God bless my New Year's Resolution List.

1 comment:

TheBigFriendlyGiant said...

nice to meet you! I actually did not make any resolutions this year, but if I could say I am in the process of fulfilling a few already. I'm definitely trying to meet new people. I'm also looking for a foreign country where I can live and work in some kind of NGO, particularly counseling or case management for people, especially children, going through crisis and/or war. Philippines would certainly appeal to me. Any suggestions on finding opportunities? I'd love to start conversation with you. my email address is bfgarlington at gmail dot com.

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...