Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Disappointing Performance

This is the probably the most disappointing performance I ever experienced with my current job. To think that I've been with this team for 3 plus yrs, it was truly disappointing that I was not able to do deliver. I had a 3 hr call with my onshore boss. It was disappointing because I presented a working paper that was completely useless! It had a lot of errors and a lot of stuffs that had not been worked through. Because that is one item that had the most focus over the past months, it was highlighted by my boss. I was even escalated! And when I was asked why I was not able to do the things I ought to - I said that there was just too much to do. In other words, I didn't have enough time. I never really like to reason out that I just don't have enough time. Because it's not really a valid reason at all. Because I believe that there's really time for everything. It is just a matter of priority. That's why I am just very disappointed because this means I was not able to prioritize and I was not working smartly. I'm sooooo down now...I cannot sleep well.... =(

1 comment:

KJP said...

i think we all manage to fail from time to time, helps to remind us we are human and have limits. now you need to identify where the assignment failed, and let your boss have an estimate of what it will take to complete to their satisfaction!

yeah, lots of prayer can help too! as long as you make the effort, the Lord will help!

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...