Saturday, March 25, 2006

25th March 2006

March 25, 2006. A memorable date in my life. It's actually a day after my birthday. And this day, I competed in the Toastmasters International Division C Speech Contest representing Area 21 for the International Category. Fortunately I won...I won third place! It's actually mixed feelings. I feel good and disappointed. Good that I won't be experiencing the same tension, nervousness one feels during contests. Disappointed because I didn't win when I have in fact given out my best and it was truly a remarkable performance (I think so! :D). Disappointed too that I have spent so much to prepare - money, time, effort, etc. and ended up not getting what I wanted. But like the message of my speech, life could sometimes be frustrating, unfair and ugly. Indeed, it is full of uncertainties. And amidst all these, I can only give out my trust. Trust in God, trust in His plans. Definitely, I will enjoy my life. ;)

No comments:

2022: Surviving

Hello! I didn’t post anything in 2021. Ok, I got so busy with life.  I’m still here. I’m still alive.  I had another baby in 2021, a girl. A...